Happy New Year! I hope 2018 is off to a great start and you enjoyed a lovely holiday season. Are you a new year, new resolutions type person or do you keep setting your goals throughout the year? I’m in the second group, and this year like most, I have a sprinkling of professional and personal pursuits. I’m still working on finding a balance between my drive and finding ease and accepting who and where I’m at this moment. I guess that’s part of the journey.
Well then, let’s shift focus as I bring you up to speed.
Your AVRBC board is getting into the swing of things. We held our first board meeting of the year on Friday and we will be meeting for a full day, including a strategic planning session in February. I’m excited to see what comes from that planning session.
Thank you to Ian, we added a new feature to our website recently that makes searching for events a breeze, take a moment to check it out. https://avrbc.com/events/
- Saanich / Penninsula Breakfast Meeting – January 23 @ 8:00 am – 9:30 am
- Social Media and Volunteer Engagement – Introductory Approaches – January 23 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Connect, Share and Find Inspiration at the Vancouver Aquarium – January 24 @ 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- AVRBC Regional Breakfast Meetings – February 21 @ 8:30 am – 10:30 am
The AVRBC team is pretty darn awesome, if I do say so myself! Over the coming weeks, we will be sharing opportunities to get involved in exciting, meaningful roles that offer opportunities to learn and grow as a leader. If the opportunities below pique your interest and you just can’t wait to hear more, send me a message and we’ll make sure you’re the first to know.
- We are recruiting a chair for the 2019 AVRBC conference. You recall the brilliant job that Charlene D. did? Well, you can go down in history as our next great conference chair.
- While part of me wishes I could pin our great board members in place from now until forever, we know better. We have a talented and fun team, some of whom will be finishing their term this May. The great work they have done over the last few years lays a strong foundation for new energy to pick up and drive us forward.
A friendly reminder that if you haven’t yet renewed your membership for 2018, now is a perfect time.